Windows Configuration to Auto-Boot TopOCR
After you perform the three steps presented below, in the future, all you will have to do is turn on your PC's On/Off power switch, wait for TopOCR to launch and say "Ready", and you'll then be able to start scanning and reading documents.
Step 1 - Configure the "Boot into DeskTop Mode"
- If you're using Windows 8.1, click the Desktop tile to enter Desktop mode
- Right-click any open area in the taskbar, then click Properties
- Click the Navigation tab, then check the box next to Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in
- Click OK, then reboot. Windows will now boot straight into Desktop Mode
- Open Run from the Apps screen, using WIN+R, and then type the following command in the text box: netplwiz
- Tap or click on the OK button. The Advanced User Accounts program will open
- On the Users tab, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
- Tap or click the OK button at the bottom of the window
- When the Automatically Sign In box appears, enter the user name you wish to automatically login to Windows 8.1
- In the Password and Confirm Password fields, enter the password you sign in to Windows 8.1
- Tap or click the OK button, then reboot. Windows will now start and automatically log in with your name and password
- Open up Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder C:/users/ and then whatever your login name is
- Then navigate to AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Then Drag and Drop the TopOCR program icon into this folder, restart your Tablet and that's it!
After following the procedure presented above, your Windows PC will automatically launch TopOCR straight from turning on the PC's power switch. When you finish using TopOCR, you can exit and shutdown your PC by simply pressing the F6 key.
Creating a Keyboard ShortCut to Launch TopOCR
If you're not going to "auto-boot" TopOCR then we recommend creating a keyboard shortcut to launch TopOCR.
You can create the TopOCR keyboard shortcut by using the following procedure:
Right-click on the DeskTop TopOCR shortcut, and then click Properties
In the Shortcut Properties dialog box, click the Shortcut tab
Click in the Shortcut key box, press the key on your keyboard that you want to use in combination with Ctrl+Alt, and then click OK.
After this step has been performed, clicking the Ctrl+Alt and your custom key combination will launch TopOCR.