Image Window - Settings
Configure OCR Options... Dialog Settings
TopOCR uses different image processing algorithms depending on whether the image originated from a scanner or a camera. This setting allows you to specifiy either camera or scanner as the image source.
- Background Removal Slider - remove noise and objects like fingers from the document image background
- Contrast Equalize - equalizes background on more reflective images, such as a glossy magazine page
- Contrast Maximize - maximizes background contrast to produce better text binarization from darker backgrounds - do not use on lighter backgrounds
- Small Print - helps to enhance small text
- Straighten Columns - removes document skew and page curl from books and removes non text data
- Neural Warp - removes distortion from entire page
Tesseract OCR Engine Selection
Allows you to select which OCR classifier Tesseract will use for character recognition. Either the LSTM OCR engine or the TAO OCR engine can be selected.