Image Window - Settings
Enabling this menu item will automatically OCR an image after it has been opened or scanned.
TopOCR uses different image processing algorithms depending on whether the image originated from a scanner or a camera. This setting allows you to specifiy either camera or scanner as the image source.
Note: For best OCR results with PDF files, we recommend operating TopOCR in "Scanner Mode", by setting the Settings->Image Source to From Scanner.
Allows you to select the language for OCR recognition, the default is English.
Accessible Mode On/Off
Switch between the standard Windows GUI and the Accessible User Interface.
OCR... Dialog Settings
Allows you to select between multi-column books or single column receipts. Receipt mode is also useful for retaining original layout.
- Background Removal Slider - remove noise and objects like fingers from the document image background
- Contrast Equalize - equalizes background on more reflective images, such as a glossy magazine page
- Contrast Maximize - maximizes background contrast to produce better text binarization from darker backgrounds
- Small Print - helps to enhance small text
- Straighten Columns - removes document skew and page curl from books
Allows you to choose between TopOCR or Tesseract OCR. TopOCR is incredibly fast and works best on higher quality images, while Tesseract OCR is considerably slower due to the increased amount of computation, but gives more accurate results on lower quality data.